Wednesday, July 13, 2005

I Fly A Starship Across the Universe Divide ...

A few days ago I suddenly went on this huge Johnny Cash listening binge, even though up until now I have never really been into him. Man, this guy was truly one of a kind. Incredible lyrics, makes ya feel like you're sitting around a campfire or something - each song is like a folk story brought to life. Yep, big revelation, I know, I'm only a few decades too late. But anyways just thought I'd share.

Well the reason there's been so few updates lately, at least by my standards, is that, well, for one thing, I've been sick. Really sick. No, nothing that bad, but I just had a cold / flu that just hit me like a brick wall. Thursday night I started feeling a little weird but Friday I got to work and was like oh damn, I am sick and sick bad. I actually had to tell our supervisor that I couldn't do my tour - at that point my head was spinning and I was quickly losing my voice to boot. Suffice to say, Friday I got home and instead of going to see Fantastic 4 as planned, I lay curled up in the fetal position, shivering, for like three hours, unable to move. Saturday was only a little better. Sunday I started to improve, and Monday I was a bit better though still suffering. Today though I got a second wave ... I felt really out of it and had NO voice the whole day. I somehow did a tour in the morning despite barely being able to speak and each word being tough to get out. Ouch, just thinking about it is making my throat sore. Well hopefully tommorow brings better health. But man, the last few days have not been fun.

It probably didn't help things that yesterday my brother Matt was in town, so I probably overextended my vocal chords catching up with him and whatnot. For the record, after resuming our decades long rivalry in the world of videogame competition, I emerged VICTORIOUS in a classic WWE Smackdown Iron Man matchup that came down to the wire. This was especially sweet as my track record in that game against my brother is, um, not so great, to say the least, especially in our classic matchup of him as Kurt Angle vs. me as Chris Benoit. But yesterday, the Danny B of old emerged and reclaimed the PS2 wrestling crown. Awwwww yeahhhh. Matt is in the LA area until Thursday, during one of his many stops on the summer-long USY on Wheels roadtrip, where he's a counsellor, leading a group of high schoolers on a bus trip across the USA. Not a bad gig. So while today Matt was hitting up Disneyland with his group, tommorow we will likely meet up for round 2, possibly seeing a showing of Batman Begins as Matt has yet to see it. No, he is nowhere near as big of a Batman fan as me, but my had been anticipating the movie for quite some time.

Speaking of movies, curious about Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, The Island, and Wedding Crashers. The latter could be funny but I am pretty sick of the OVERHYPED Vince Vaughn, who is now doing the same tired schtick in every movie he's in.

AT WORK:

Still waiting to hear about the assignment I interviewed for in production. All I know is I really want to get it and get things moving career-wise. Again, wish me good luck!

Last week I was in the office all week so I didn't see any Tonight Show tapings. After a few weeks of being MIA though I made my return to Leno today (despite having no voice and feeling like I might collapse at any moment ...). Okay show with Dakota Fanning, who at 11 is seemingly smarter than about 90 percent of Leno's audience. She is really ana amazing talent and I think she'll be around for a long time after she has outgrown the role of child actor. Terrance Howard was on from the upcoming movie Hustle and Flow, which actually looks kinda intriguing. Rascall Flatts played, who I had barely heard of but is apparently a top selling country band? Who knew? Can't say I understand why. Oh well. Of course I won't be working the show Thursday to see Billy Corgan perform, which I'd love to check out as I was a big Smashing Pumpkins fan (along with everyone else) back in the day. Tommorow I'm actually working a special taping - a pilot for a new talk show starring Megan Mullaly (sp?), the sidekick girl from Will and Grace with the funny voice? I have no idea what the show will be like, hopefully good, since I'll be there all day.

Some RANDOM THOUGHTS, then it's time for bed.

- Okay, let me just throw this out there. When I'm sick, I don't need people urging me to do stuff even though I'm sick. How is this helping or being considerate? I'd much prefer someone to just say they hope I feel better rather than not being understanding that I feel like crap.

- Holy lord, the cast on the Real World: Austin is made up of the stupidest people ever. The conversation they had tonight about the war in Iraq had to be the most inane, uninformed talk that anyone outside of some militia group in Arkansas has ever had. Okay, they showed like 10 seconds of it on MTV, but it went something like this:
Idiot 1: Stop talking about how you're in the military, I don't believe in war.
Military Chick: Shut up you're a moron.
Idiot1: Why are we even in Iraq? Why?
Idiot 2: Because 4,000 people were killed!
Idiot 1: But, um, no!
Idiot 2: Oh you've been watching Farenheit 9/11!
Idiot 1: But ...
Idiot 2: That's not even a documentary!
Military Chick: Yeah you don't know what you're talking about!
Idiot 1: What do you know you're just a nurse?
Military Chick: So, I saw lots of dead people.
Idiot1: No, you are.

Unbelievable. These guys and gals would be right at home on today's edition of Jaywalking, which, sadly, no longer surprises me with how dumb the people on it are.

- The dude who plays Bush on Leno is a FREAK. He looks exactly like W with his makeup on. Everytime I see him I think it's the real deal.

- Alright - got to rest up so I can beat this crazy cold and be ready for Meagan Mulalalalaly's show tommorow and more Baram-stlye shenanigans with my brother. Kicking his ass on the ol' playstation takes a lot out of ya, you know.

No comments: