Sunday, May 08, 2005

It's a Mother's Day Miracle!

Okay, not really.

Happy Mother's day Mom, Grandma, and Hallmark.

Well I'm just not feeling the blog tonight. I sat down to write about some political stuff I was going to tackle, but decided that without the proper research it would just sound incomplete and uninformed, so nevermind.

I would like to make mention that Friday's tonight show was in fact pretty sweet -- Hayden Christianson's appearance got me even more hyped up for Star Wars (even though Leno's interview, as usual, was pretty blah - yeah we get it Jay, the word "Sith" is funny), and Beck was pretty rockin - as multiple NBC pages assembled to watch his performance. Oh, and Tracy Ullman was extremely funny as well.

This coming week it's a return to being the man in charge of ticket office, where I don't have to wear the ol' page uniform but, well, I'm stuck i nan office answering phones and processing mail from 9 to 5 for a week.

NBA PLAYOFFS:

- First round is over and tommorow it's the grudge match we've all been waiting for: Indy vs. Detroit - the rematch, with Reggie Miller's career on the line. Man, I cannot wait for this series although I have a bad feeling the the Pacers are not going to be able to compete with Detroit's inside presence and depth, and Rip Hamilton is always a tough matchup for Reggie, as are the Wallace's for the much skinnier Jermaine O'Neal. The Pacers are going to have to shoot the lights out and get big games from O'Neal if they hope to win.

Alright kids, some quick FOX SUNDAY NIGHT reviews and then I'm outta here:

- Overall a decent night of comedy - def better than last week. The big thing though was that the 8 pm episode of The Simpsons really, really sucked. Badly. Wow, was that terrible. The 8:30 ep, with a hilarious premise of Homer being worried that the Rapture was coming, as he saw in the "Left Below" movie (which was one of the funniest parody scenes I've seen on the show in a while), was a lot better, but still by no means a classic or anything. King of the Hill had an excellent, Bobby-centric episode that put a new spin on the classic "Bobby joining a sports team but not in the way Hank envisioned" plot. Sure, we've seen this basic premise before, but hey, it worked and had some hilarious Hank moments. Malcolm was very good. Dewey is, oddly, becoming the real star of the show, but his interactions with his special-ed classmates are pretty funny, and Malcolm sometimes works better as a supporting character. It seems like they aren't really doing much with Francis though. I actually loved his plotlines the last few years when they had him working at a dude ranch, but what do I know. Now he just kind of pops up from time to time, but it was good to see him this episode. Family Guy was okay, but had some truly funny moments. They must have some younger people writing for them because last episode they had a dead-on GI Joe spoof and tonight they cracked me up with a YOU CAN'T DO THAT ON TELEVISION parody. Okay, now that is gold if you're of my generation and grew up watching old-school Nickelodeon (don't even get me started). The main plot with a femme-fatale teacher was pretty lame but the asides (like the genious opening Law and Order parody) made this episode. Turned off American Dad after five minutes - sorry, it is so bad it's not worth watching. My grades: King of the Hill: B+, Malcolm in the Middle: B+, Simpsons 1: D, Simpsons 2: B, Family Guy: B

Alright I'm out. Don't worry, next time will be more interesting, I promise.

No comments: