Friday, February 18, 2005

Monkeys Rule - 'Nuff Said

Yes, it is a universally acknowledged truism: monkeys, apes, simians, chimps, what have you - they inherently kick ass.

Examples of sweet, kick-ass monkeys: Harry (Harry and the Hendersons), Beppo the Super-Monkey, Gorilla Grodd, King Louie, Curious George, Gleek, Grape Ape, King Kong, Bigfoot, Ampersand (helper monkey to Yorick Brown), and of course, the Evil Monkey Who Lives In My Closet (who we will never speak of again ...).

Anyways, today I witnessed a real live primate in all his Orangatan (yep, tan, not tang as was clarified to us) glory, brought to us by Croc Hunter Steve Irwin at today's Tonight Show taping. I laughed in amusement as said Orangatan frollicked about, drank Jay's water, peed on the $50,000 couch, and wreaked havoc like only a monkey can. Nice. On a somber note, however, this species of simian is apparently dangerously close to extinction. What is wrong with people? Save the monkeys! Seriously.

I must say I was also highly impressed with the vocal stylings of up and coming singer Joss Stone. I wasn't really a fan of hers, but seeing her emote in full-on Janis Joplin mode, live and up close, I was blown away by the young British sensation's stirring voice.

Weird day weather-wise in Burbank. It was pouring rain all afternoon and evening, and at one point it actually HAILED. Many at NBC were in disbelief at this atmospherical phenomena, but I simply shrugged and went back to work as any weather-worn New Englander could and should in said situation.

I put an ad on Craig's List saying I'm looking for roommates. Let the weird emails begin!

Adding more to the ironic strangeness of Monday's Tonight Show which my parents will be attending and I will not, Collective Soul has been named as that day's band. Chris Rock and Collective Soul? Sounds like my kind of show, but definitely not my parents'. Of course they will be there and I won't. I'll be at Ellen, bringing overexcited middle-aged women to the bathroom. Joy.

Oh, did I mention the Tonight Show was catered by In N Out Burger today? Free burgers and drinks at lunch were had by all, and it was good.

Kinda curious to check out Constantine, though as a fan of the comic character from his early appearances in Alan Moore's legendary run on Swamp Thing, I am inherently disappointed that Keanu Reeves is playing John Constantine, who was modeled after the singer Sting and is supposed to be 50-ish, blonde, and very, very, British. And yet another of Alan Moore's creations is butchered by Hollywood (see League of Extraordinary Gentleman for Exhibit A).

After seeing actress Sandra Oh (Oh? Oh!) on Leno today I have a renewed interest in seeing Sideways. Looks really funny from the clip I saw.

Lots to do tommorow. So that's it for now - Shabbat Shalom, and peace out.

No comments: