Friday, February 25, 2005

From a Cave Somewhere in Hollywood ...

Sorry if I've been kind of MIA the last few days ... my days have consisted of: get up to work way too early in the morning, spend long, exhausting hours giving tours, getting yelled at, working at The Tonight Show, never being able to sit down, etc. - then meeting my parents for dinner and having to answer their never ending streams of questions and endure life lesson after life lesson - and then also looking at apartments and desperately trying to find something. So yeah, I'm spent.

And tommorow's going to be CRAZY, and not in a good way. All because of a woman named OPRAH, who's presence on the Tonight Show is looking like it's gonna bring out the nut-jobs in full force. Okay, maybe nutjob is a strong word. What I meant to say is that there are going to be a lot of people who really, really, and I mean REALLY like Oprah, and it ain't gonna be pretty.

I actually thought that today's Tonight Show, while not too hyped, was one of the best I've seen. They had a hilarious segment about the Oscars featuring the great Fred Willard (see his side-splitting roles in Best in Show, A Mighty Wind, Anchorman, etc.), and also a very funny up-and-coming comedian named Elon Gold, who did the single greatest impressions of Jeff Goldblum and Gene Wilder I have ever heard, and brought the funny with lots of quality Jewish humor. Plus ya gotta respect Dennis Franz for his role on NYPD Blue, a show that I don't usually watch but is certainly of a very high quality.

RANDOM THOUGHTS:

Tonight's OC: I didn't really like a lot of went on in this episode story-wise. Why do all the good characters (first Anna, now Lindsay) have to leave? I also was not liking the forced breakup of Summer and Zach, and the forced tension between Sandy and his wife. BUT ... all was forgiven with this episode's ending, which put a huge smile on my face and was just TOO GOOD. A classic Seth Cohen moment and a nice Spiderman tribute all rolled into one. Gotta give props for that very memorable scene. Plus: funny little meta-joke there with the "Sherman Oaks" reality show that spins off of "The Valley," the self-referential show within a show on The OC, especially since that's right where I'm currently living.

Yeterday's LOST: Excellent ep. I enjoyed the Jin/Sun flashbacks and the main plot as well, and they delivered with another pretty startling twist when Locke revealed that the seemingly innocent little kid had in fact burned down the raft. Nice. A lot of good group dynamic stuff here, and I am psyched for next week's long-awaited Hurley-centric episode.

- Funnily enough, I am kind of missing CT's own WCCC radio station. KROQ is cool and all but sometimes after a long day at work you just want that heavy Metallica or AC/DC vibe, and the latest 80's-ish rock trendiness ala The Killers and Franz Ferdinand just doesn't cut it.

- Speaking of CT I actually met a couple in line at the Tonight Show today who were from .... BLOOMFIELD, CT! How crazy is that? Representin'.

No comments: