Monday, August 27, 2007

Blogggle

And ...... I'm back.

So, another week of work lies ahead. But, this promises to be a pretty good week. Work should be fairly laid back, as many in my office our away and traveling this week. On Thursday, I am doing something I've wanted to do for awhile now - taking part in a Young Alumni panel for BU. I'm really excited about this, because I feel like when I was a student in college, a lot of the advice I received about moving to LA and trying to make it in entertainment was a little bit out-there and unrealistic. People always seemed to be in one of two extremes - it was either they came out here and seemed to magically have great jobs, a great apartment, etc, OR, they came out here, were unemployed after two years, and lived in their car. I am very eager to provide a more realistic scenario and to give more practical advice. I mean, I remember getting all this crazy advice when I attended one of these panels as a student. "You have to have an LA cell phone number!" "You have to get a temp job to break in!" " and all these other random bits of sage wisdom that basically proved pretty pointless. So this Thursday, I will be the one dispensing the sage wisdom! And so the circle is complete ...

What else? Well, I had a pretty good weekend, finally some R&R time after getting back from the East Coast. Went to a Shabbat dinner / party Friday night through J-Connect, which was a pretty interesting experience. Otherwise, mostly just chilled and rested my still-swollen sprained ankle.

TV STUFF:

- This weekend marked the final episode of ABC's MASTERS OF SCIENCE FICTION. I was
pretty high on this show after it's great first episode. Week 2 was also really enjoyable thanks to Terry O'Quinn and William B. Davis. However, there was a noticeable slide with Week 3, and Week 4 was pretty much a misfire from the start. I had been semi-excited for this ep, at it was penned by the legendary Harlan Ellison. But what we got here was an odd freaks-in-space tale that never quite came together. The plot was predictable, the characters only half-realized, and honestly, the grotesque makeup used was a little hard to look at. Anyways, MASTERS has some great potential, but only really lived up to it in half of its episodes. Would love to see the show return, perhaps more focused on adapting other classic short stories.

MY GRADE: C

Anyways, there is some loud construction going on right now, so I think I'm going to wrap up for now. As always, check back later for more.

No comments: