Friday, August 24, 2007

Anarchy in the UK?

Judo chop, baby.

You know, as much as I love the Judd Apatow-style comedies, I hope that they don't replace every other kind of comedy. I still love character-based comedies like Wayne's World and Austin Powers, and just recently I found THE TEN to be hilarious, with its absurdist brand of humor which the members of The State do so well. Just a random thought.

So anyways, it's FRIDAY. Thank god. Between craziness at work and hobbling around on my ankle all week, I am more than ready for some R&R.

Meanwhile, tommorow my brother is off to JOLLY OLD ENGLAND for a semester abroad via BU's London Internship program. For me, the spring of 2003, where I participated in the same program, was an amazing experience. I got to experience London, from Kensington to Camden Town and everywhere in between, traveled to Italy and Scotland, and had an awesome experience. Okay, well the food kind of sucks (excpet for Prett a Manger), but that's only a minor quibble. So anyways, I am excited for my brother to experience London and hopefully come back with a slightly better British accent. I've already briefed him on the usage of such words as "dodgy," "biscuits," and most importantly "loo."

Ah, England - home of punk rock, stiff upper lips, and the Plowman's Lunch.

And so, because I don't have much else to talk about publicly right now (since apparently everyone and their mums is now reading this blog), I bid you good day. I know, this was a pretty crappy blog entry, but it'll get better soon, I promise.

No comments: