Monday, June 25, 2007

Oh God ... Chris Benoit ...

Oh my god.

I am in total and utter disbelief right now. Chris Benoit is apparently dead, along with his entire family. Details right now are nonexistent, but I just am completely in shock. I can't even think right now. For those who don't know, Benoit was one of the greatest wrestlers to ever compete, a guy who was a legitimate badass, yet one of the rare athletes who exuded dignity and class and commanded respect. He was by all accounts a great man. Call it cheesy, I don't care - the man was one of my personal heroes - and right in the prime of his career, he's dead? This is just completely surreal. I have no idea what happened, what caused this. All I know is this is a total, utter tragedy.

I'll try to write more later.

For now I am just sad and in disbelief.

No comments: