Friday, March 30, 2007

Come on Baby Light My Fire! BURBANK IS BURNING!

What a weird day! Right this second, an enormous fire is raging RIGHT HERE IN BURBANK. Seriously, this thing is crazy. I ran out at lunchtime to grab some Subway, and as I've driving back towards NBC on Hollywood Way I look up and see what almost looked like a mushroom cloud sucked into a tornado. I was seeing a gigantic ploom of orange-gray smoke rising up from the hills behind the famous Warner Bros. water tower. Ummm ... what!?!? As I drive closer to NBC, I could see a fire raging along the hilltops surrounding Burbank and crossing into Universal City and Hollywood. Wow, I mean, I've never seen a fire of this magnitude up close and personal like this before. The air right now is filled with ashe, and even from inside my office I can smell the smoke from outside. Outside, the entire sky is obscured by smoke.

Finally, all of this is made all the more surreal by the fact that PAULA ABDUL is in our office ... RIGHT NOW.

Yes, you heard me correctly. Should I ask her if opposittes really do attract?

As 80's one-hit wonder band Midnight Oil sang:

"The time has come
To say fair's fair
To pay the rent
To pay our share
The time has come
A fact's a fact
It belongs to them
Lets give it back
How can we dance when our earth is turning
How do we sleep when our beds are burning?"

No comments: