Thursday, September 28, 2006

Twenty-Twenty-Twenty Four Hours (Years) Ago (I Was Born) ... I WANNA BE SEDATED!

24~!

24~!

24~!

Somebody get me Jack Bauer, because today I am, scarily, nearing the end of the "early-twenties." Wasn't it just yesterday that I was 17, 18, 21?

To think, one year ago I was an NBC Page anxiously seeking an assignment and preparing to party down at Citywalk along with fellow September 28th-er Liz L. Now it's one year later and a lot has changed, and yet, basically, as far as me the person goes ... God I think I may be less mature today than I was five years ago. Okay, maybe that's not entirely true ... but working in Hollywood does have that arrested development effect.

I'll keep this one short because it's late and old man Danny has to get some rest before waking up for work tommorow.

Oh man ... waking up for work, wearing khakis and button-down shirts, slavin' away for the man ... it's high school all over again I tell ya!

But seriously ... how did it ever come to this? When all I want for my birthday is a nap ...

Whatever, I found another song that talks about turning 24 ...

Let us flash back to the 90's, when Coolio took a nation on a fantastic voyage by way of a gangsta's paradise, when the dreadlocked lyricist made us pause and ponder the fleating nature of life itself ...

So I gotta be down with the 'hood team
Too much television watching, got me chasing dreams
I'm an educated fool with money on my mind
Got my ten in my hand and a gleam in my eye
I'm a locked out gangsta, set tripping banger
And my homies are down so don't arouse my anger
Fool, death ain't nothing but a heart beat away
I'm living life do or die, what can I say
I'm twenty-three now, will I ever live to see twenty-four?
The way things is going I don't know

Yep, pretty much describes me to a "T." But guess what Coolio, I'm twenty-four and still tickin' and takin' a lickin', so choke on that, Slappy - you was straight trippin' when you wrote those lyrics ... Foo'.

So hear me world - Danny Baram at 24 is a force to be reckoned with!

Dammit all.

No comments: