Friday, February 10, 2006

Drumroll please ...

And the big announcement ISN'T:

- that NBC is bringing back Saved By the Bell

- that I am moving back to CT

- that I am renouncing my Judaism

- that I have an illegitimate lovechild

- and DEFINITELY not anything remotely having to do with, um, "Heath Ledger's" comments earlier ...

So what is it?!?!

It is that ...


...


...


I GOT A JOB!!!


Yes, my desperate search is over! I will be working over at Universal Studios, for a brand new department that will soon be a HUGE part of the future of NBC-Universal.

Basically, you may have heard a lot lately about being able to download shows like The Office from I-Tunes, or watching episodes of classic shows on the web, or downloading "Lazy Sunday" from SNL so that you can see what all the fuss is about.

Well, this is the department I'm going to be working in. It's the future, baby, and I'm getting in at the ground level, and I am very excited. Plus, I still get to be a part of a company that has treated me great over the last few years, NBC-Universal, and get to be around a lot of my fellow NBC Page alumni who work in or around Universal. Not to mention I STILL don't have to worry about hour long drives to work and terrible freeway traffic in the morning.

Now yes, still, somewhere in the back of my mind I can't help but think about what else may be out there, and about my ultimate goal of making a living as a writer. And yes, that is still my goal, and I don't want to lose sight of that.

But for now, I have a real, actual job in entertainment, and in a very exciting field that may just be the wave of the future. Awesome.

Of course, I am still an NBC Page at heart, and I can't even begin to talk about my experiences as a Page right now because there's too much to say. Suffice to say, giving tours, working Leno, Ellen, and wearing the Blue Polyester has been a real trip. And a great experience.

So thanks to everyone for their encouragement. Thanks for everyone who helped me out in the job search process. And good luck to those still looking, because, man, the process is freaking brutal.

Alright, back to work here at NBC.

Back soon with your regularly scheduled blog ...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait to be, DannyB.

Anonymous said...

In order to be the man you gotta beat the man and you did it. congratulations sir. now can you dig that!!!!!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!! You did it Danny B :)

Anonymous said...

the clock was ticking and you made it happen. jack bauer would be proud.

Anonymous said...

You Did it! Welcome to the 1320! Mummy at lunch time!

"Gettin had. Gettin took. I tell ya baby, it's harder than it looks..."

Anonymous said...

Danny, now that you’re making real money, you better acknowledge that illegitimate child.

Congrats.

~Adriana

Anonymous said...

Danny, now that you’re making real money, you’d better acknowledge that illegitimate child.

Congrats.

~Adriana