Wednesday, January 12, 2005

"California Here I Come ..."

Yeah, you knew I had to use that title eventually ...

So tommorow morning is the big day - my dad and I will be getting on a plane and making the journey to sunny LA. All I know is that the warm sunny weather will definitely be sweet compared to the slushy cold icy-ness over here in CT. I really have no idea what to expect in CA, I guess I'm just kind of playing things by ear. I still don't know what I'm going to do about a car but I really hope that I can find a good but cheap used car while my dad is there for a few days so that I can just get that purchase over with and not have to worry about transportation. The job at NBC starts Tuesday, so I have a few days to acclimate myself. Right now I'm trying to pack all my stuff and hoping that I have enough room for everything I want to bring. I admit that I am a pretty terrible packer, and am horrible at acknowledging that I probably can live without certain clothing items or whatever, so I always overpack and end up bringing too much stuff with me wherever I go. Ultimately I guess I'll have more exciting stuff to report in the next few days and weeks. You know, stuff like partying with bigshot movie stars, selling my screenplay for IBA: The Movie, and driving through crazy mudslides.

Next time I update, it'll be from CA, which I think deserves a hearty "DAAAAAMN!"

Random Stuff:

- Awesome Veronica Mars last night -- one of the best eps yet I think, and the mystery is really starting to deepen. And who knew that Kristen Bell / Veronica could sing? A talented detective AND an accomplished vocalist? What can't this girl do?

- Thought the second 2 hours of 24 was a bit weak compared to the first 2, but still, gotta love this show. They are kind of starting to fall back on familiar storylines though, which is not a good sign (Jack vs. authority, Jack commiting a crime out of necessity, interoffice politics, cheesy teen subplots, strange issues with kids @ home, lots of interoffice politics ...). I just hope former President Palmer comes back soon and kicks some ass. Also, great to see Alberta Watson, aka Madeline from La Femme Nikita (one of my all time favorite shows) back in a similar role as Driscoll. Now why can't we get Nikita to come and team up with Jack Bauer?

- Finally watched last week's OC - nice ep, next week looks good. As a big fan of bagels and a Jew, it was nice to see such a poignant ending involving schmearing cream cheese on bagels.

- Good luck to all my friends who have big moves coming up! Keep me posted and I'll try to do the same!

Alright - set a course for LAX. Let's do this.

No comments: