Friday, April 04, 2008

Want an M&M?

Friday, how thou art glorious. Very happy that the weekend is finally here, after a loooong week at work and a definite lack of sleep. So, last night was fun little get-together as a big group of former NBC pages gathered at Ernie's mexican restaurant in North Hollywood for a bit of food and drink. Since this blog really kind of began as a chronicle of my new life as an NBC Page, I always feel a bit compelled to talk about Page-related stuff here. It was definitely interesting, as even though many of those assembled last night are people who I'm still friends with or still see regularly, the whole evening definitely had a kind of high-school reunion vibe to it for some reason. I guess it's partly because there is now that bit of divergence among the former pages, where while everyone generally keeps in touch ,even if only as Facebook friends or whatever, there are certainly little cliques of people who remain friends and hang out. Plus, career-wise, I think that people are now getting into that stage where, while once everyone was shiny and hopeful about a kickass Hollywood future, now many are either out of a job, in a job they don't like, or in a job that is okay, but not exactly what they forsaw for themselves. It's funny because people have kind of, in parallel, moved away from the stage of "check out my cool awesome job" to "man, working sucks." I guess it's that whole quarterlife crisis thing? It's like those assistant and coordinator jobs seem great at first, and it's nice just to have a salary, but then it's like "okay, so this is what I'll be doing for ten years before I get a promotion?"

Anyways, enough with my slightly-too-emo rantings.

It's the weekend, baby.

No comments: