Tuesday, January 29, 2008

On Like Donkey Kong

- Hey, so just a quick plug here for one of my favorite movies of '07, which is out today on DVD. IT had an extremely limited theatrical run, but I was lucky enough to see it here in LA, and I can attest that the film is one of the funniest, most enjoyable movies I've seen and surely among the best documentaries. It's weird, strange, and yet ... completely in the mold of root-for-the-underdog movies like a Rocky. The movie I speak of is THE KING OF KONG, and I urge everyone to check out the DVD and get caught up in the strange rivalry of Steve Wiebe and Billy Mitchell -whose sport of choice isn't boxing, isn't tennis or track, but Donkey Kong. Yes, Donkey Kong. And if you're sitting there thinking "gee thanks, Danny, but who gives a flying fig about Donkey Kong." well, just trust me, you will once you see The King of Kong. This is a MUST-SEE movie.


- Alright, back with more soon. On the agenda: LOST returns, the Presidential election, and MORE.

No comments: