Sunday, November 25, 2007

First Time Ever -- LiveBlog From LONDON~!

Right now, as I type this -- I'm in London!!!

So far I've: 

- Stayed up for like 36 hours so that I could adjust to London time.

- Had a spicy lunch at a place called Nandos

- Waded through throngs of people from all over the world at Portabello Market

- Cheked out Picasso, Rothko, Lichtenstien, etc. at the Tate Modern and walked over the Millenium Bridge on the River Thames

- Ate dinner at Zizzi's

- Had some traditional English breakfast here at the K+K George

- Shocked and amused my parents by taking them to the punk-rock capitol of the world, Camden Town, and showing them the home of Twenty Twenty Television, where I interned during my semester abroad.

- Made many jokes with my brother about such London Underground stops as Cockfosters and Goodge Street, and such pubs as Ye Old Cock.

- Revisited my old favorite lunch spot, the park and fountain at Russell Square.

- Saw the Rosetta Stone and other famous treasures whilst exploring the British Museum

- Ate lunch at Garfunkel's near the Gloucester Road tube stop.

- Explored Hyde Park and Kensington Palace. Saw swans in the pond, British kids playing football / soccer, repeatedly tried my hand at various British accents and dialects. 

 - Roamed the halls of Harrod's. This time, no alarms went off when I entered (thank G0d). Ate some Gelato, drolled in the electronics section.

- Had dinner at Pizza by the Park, where I had some tasty food.

Alright, I'm exhausted and have to get up early tommorow for a tour of Windsor Castle, Bath, and Stonehenge. Cheers!

No comments: