Thursday, December 15, 2005

Live From NBC Studios: BLOG-MANIA RUNS WILD

As Jim Anchower would say, it's been a long time since I rapped at ya'.

And I do have a lot to say, and since I'm sitting by my lonesome in NBC's Primetime Development Department, covering phones while everyone else is in a presentation, I figured now should be a good time to update this thing, because God only knows that the natives have been getting restless in eager ... anticipation of the latest blog entry. So wait not longer, cuz the beast is back, Jack.

AT WORK:

Well it's been another LONG-ASS week here at NBC, and I've been doing all kinds of running around, moving boxes, getting lunches, getting yelled at, etc. Man, the corporate world is not all fun and games, let me tell ya. But anyone who knows me knows that I'm not exactly the corporate type, so of course I'm just trying to take it all in, read scripts, hear the chatter, absorb knowledge, etc. Though who knew - even doing THAT seems to be frowned upon around these parts. Seriously, screw it. I go in everyday and bust my ass. I run around like crazy, do everything I'm asked to the best of my ability, and do my best to stay nice, polite, and personable through all the crap I have to take. So if people want to get on my case about every little minute thing that bothers them, then so be it. I'm not going to let it all deter me from seeing the fact that I am on my way in this biz, irregardless of whether or not I got enough salsa at Baja Fresh to make everyone happy at lunchtime. So yeah, before I type more things that I'll probably regret later ...

Let's change subjects:

TONIGHT SHOW

Well i got magically pulled for Leno this past Monday, seeing as nobody told me that I'd be working at it. But it turned out to be cool as some BU friends were in attendance, as were a bunch of other random people I knew, so it was great to see so many ppl at the show and feel like I knew half the audience. Also, it was hilarious as Coldplay was on the show, and basically they put on a pretty cool, energetic performance (even though they still kinda suck in my opinion, musically). But yeah, the funny part was that since the lead singer was running all over the place, even taking a sec to hug guest Anthony Hopkins on stage, Leno got caught on camera looking off into the distance looking awkward. So suddenly Leno had to start clapping and dancing, even more awkwardly. Funny stuff.

Hmm, in retrospect that wasn't as interesting of a story as I thought it'd be.

In summation - this week, hell, the last FEW weeks have been nuts. Luckily, come Saturday I'll be in CT, with nothing to do (hopefully ...), except sit back and enjoy the music ... and the bitter, bitter coldness. Oh man, I think I've un-adapted to the New England climate in the year I've been out here.

No comments: