Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year!


- Well, it's been quite a year. In 2011, I moved into a new apartment, travelled to Connecticut, NYC, Seattle, and San Diego, went to Disneyland (thrice!), saw Ozzy Osbourne, Slash, Heart, Def Leppard, Weird Al, and Cheap Trick in concert, saw the Clippers play, wrote one new TV pilot script and started another, went to E3, went to Sony's E3 afterparty, attended Comic-Con for the sixth-year-straight-year and had an amazing time, I stuffed myself silly at The OC Fair, sat live at the Staples Center for Summerslam, and saw 4th of July fireworks with my family at the Starlight Bowl.

I celebrated my 29th birthday at Knotts' Scary Farm, held my annual Horror Movie Marathon, played a lot of basketball, gave a speech on Rosh Hashana, worked like a madman at NBC Universal, saw friends and family that visited me in LA, visited friends on the east coast, made new friends and spent quality time with old ones.

I saw a ton of movies, saw great live comedy, read a lot, wrote a lot, blogged a lot (particularly in December), went to parts of LA I'd never been to, and went to places that have now become favorite haunts. I went to birthday parties, went to party-parties, and sadly ... went to a funeral - I had late nights, early nights (mostly late though), and unintentionally fell asleep on my couch more than a few times.

I had wins and had losses, had good times, not-so-good times, times when I felt ready to take on the world and times when all I wanted to do was sleep -- but mostly ... it was a year filled with lots of fun, some personal and professional progression, and one in which a solid foundation was (hopefully) built for even bigger and better things to come in 2012.

There's a lot to look forward to in 2012, though it's going to take a lot of willpower and luck to get to where I want to be and make all the things happen that I want to happen. There are things coming up in 2012 that I don't want to think about (turning 30, the impending apocalypse ... in that order), and there are things coming that I can't anticipate.

But for now, I'll simply take a second to wish everyone a Happy New Year, and thanks for reading. Stay tuned - 2012 is going to be epic.

No comments: